Urofollitropin is a medication used in infertility treatment to stimulate
the ovaries to produce eggs. However, before taking this medication, it is
important to understand the instructions for use.
1. Follow the prescribed dosage: Urofollitropin is given by injection into
the muscle or under the skin. The dosage is prescribed by a healthcare provider
and should be followed strictly. Do not change the dosage without consulting the
2. Proper injection technique: Urofollitropin injections should be given at
the same time every day. The site of injection should also be alternated between
the left and right side of the abdomen. Proper disposal of used syringes should
be done in a sharps container.
3. Monitoring: Urofollitropin use requires close monitoring of the ovaries
through ultrasound and blood tests. This is important to avoid overstimulation
of the ovaries, which can be a serious side effect.
4. Storage: Urofollitropin should be stored in the refrigerator between
2-8°C. Do not freeze and keep it away from light.
5. Proper disposal: Unused portions of the medication should be properly
disposed of in accordance with local regulations. Do not flush down the toilet
In conclusion, Urofollitropin is an effective medication for infertility
treatment, but proper adherence to instructions for use is crucial. It is
essential to follow the prescribed dosage, injection technique, monitoring,
storage, and proper disposal to ensure its efficacy and avoid any potential side
effects. Consult with a healthcare provider for further details and guidance on