1.In the early pregnancy, Human chorionic gonadotropin not only has the function of nourishing luteum
and maintaining luteum, but also can promote the transition from luteum to
luteum. Injection of anti-hcg - antibody in pregnant women can inhibit the
production of hCG and lead to luteal degeneration.
2. Protect the implanted embryo from rejection.
3. Regulate the synthesis of steroid hormones by stimulating the production
4. The and subunits ofHuman chorionic gonadotropin have growth factor-like effects.
5. Human chorionic gonadotropin also has tsh-like biological activity, but in normal pregnant women,
its effect is slight.
6.Human chorionic gonadotropin can generate and maintain progesterone secretion and to ensure that
the normal decidual mineralization occurred and maintain the normal structure
and function of decidual, this continued until the placenta formation function,
can produce until the placenta is essential for pregnancy progesterone; HCG can
also up-regulate progesterone synthesis precursor molecule -LDL receptor
expression in the placenta, increasing progesterone concentration.
7. Human chorionic gonadotropin also plays an important role in maintaining uterine quiescence. In
vitro experiments have shown that the expression of hCG receptor in human
uterine smooth muscle is down-regulated at the beginning of term labor and
preterm labor, indicating that hCG plays an important role in the quiescence of
uterine smooth muscle during pregnancy.